Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Spider and the Cobwebs

I wanted to write this blog before and I tried but was to proud to post it with spelling errors, so in the process of trying to, being proud about a blog on pride I guess, I lost it all. hmmmm ironic maybe not.

I'm starting to believe Pride is the worst and hardest to grasp of all my sins and many sins flow from this one great one. Hate, lust, greed, lame self-pity, all stem from pride for ourselves and not our maker. But the two I want to talk about are self-pity and hate.

C.S Lewis says this about self pity.The passion of pity, the pity we merely suffer, the ache that draws men to concede and to flatter when they should speak truth, the pity that has cheated many a woman out of her virginity and many a statesman out of his honesty-that will die. It was used as a weapon by many, by bad men against good ones: that weapon will be broken.

I never really thought about pity, but I think unhealthy self pity is never God ordained and it is a breeding ground for a life of pain and even hate. And I know at time's its seems a beautiful comfort, but I know its not. whatever weak unnatural feeling of joy it gives will never really satisfy or last. The thought of I'll hurt them back to make me feel a little less pain is empty in the end. It was hard to think that love and forgiveness could really ever bring joy back into your life they always seemed like the weak path to me. One the world will never understand, like your a weak child if you decide to choose them. But I think they are the weak path, they are a very different path then I've normally ever taken they seem alien to my personality and do make me feel weak, and if I try love and forgiveness on my own or mixed with piousness and pity they will reveal only a lame shadow of love that can hurt more then heal. But if helped through the weakness by someone who is all love and understands holy pity I think something great can be attained.

If pride and self pity are a weapon, what weapon will destroy it? Mr. Lewis says.It’s a weapon on the other side. It leaps quicker then light from the highest place to the lowest to bring healing and joy, whatever the cost to its self. It changes darkness to light and evil to good. And it will never at the cunning tears of hell, impose on good the tyranny of evil. Every disease that submits to a cure will be healed....Pride and pity to me are a disease.

Ralph Waldo Emerson says.
unless we try something other then what we have already mastered, we will never grow.
I think I'm pretty awesome when it comes to self pity and selfish pride... but for some reason a Christlike love is a new concept, and I thought I knew all about him and love for years. I've discovered I really know nothing, except how sweet I thought I was.

The Sadhu Sundar Sing says, sin in our lives is like a spider that constantly lays cobwebs all over our house and in an attempt not to look messy we constantly clean out the cobwebs but leave the spider, the source of the sin. That statement really hits home I try and better my life in Christ by fixing things others might see but the selfish heart of mine hidden behind the skin and bone for no one to see, that needs the attention. Christ is faithful to help me. And It seems I need to daily tell myself this.

I wanted to write on hate but not today I want to think it over some more.

67 comments:

shinbone #4 said...

Hmmm so much I want to say, but you are downstairs waiting to have a wee chat, so I will have to comment on here later... commment again I mean... later.... okay bye

shinbone #4 said...

Ahhh the liberty found in doing the right thing, even when it means a loss of the thing closest to me...

Haugans said...

Hey my wife made start a dumb blog. Getting on the band wagon late again. Dah well.

Keller said...

Interesting thoughts Dave.

Haugans said...

New Blog ALREADY

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, I think you hit the hammer right on the head...
TheDrake

shinbone #4 said...

I concur with everyone!!! NEW BLOG ALREADY!

shinbone #4 said...

Anytime now...

shinbone #4 said...

I'm a thief! Sorry...

shinbone #4 said...

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.....

shinbone #4 said...

hi Bubba Boo!

shinbone #4 said...

Say it with chocolate??
Say it with flowers???
Say it with blogging!

shinbone #4 said...

today is Fathers day... you know.. I love mine so much, but I think sometimes he doesn't really know that - isn't that sad. I need to come up with more obvious ways of showing it daily I think

shinbone #4 said...

Ani Choshevet sheh ha shaten alo la'roash

shinbone #4 said...

your word verification this time is mrolsisk - which makes me think of Mollusks one of the nobler of all creatures!
that or Mr. Ol' Sisk.
which reminds me of maybe a Old scholarly science prof!

shinbone #4 said...

So I know you check this - why not write a new one huh??? have you forgotten your password???
try texzrxeh - which is also your word verification coincidentally??
texzrxeh - a texan exorcist

shinbone #4 said...

If in doubt, or in the least bit worried - Procrastinate!!

shinbone #4 said...

so... I think the hot new pic's of you and your younger sister should appear on this blog - just a thought :D
P.S. my favorite word verification yet.... boolbfuf - really, no joke.

shinbone #4 said...

what he is thinking sometimes. HA HA so simple!

shinbone #4 said...

Have a good weekend sweetie - I'll be praying for your test!!

shinbone #4 said...

POST THOSE PICTURES!! C'mon, I dare you!

shinbone #4 said...

ALSO... this just in
Uwe Boll takes on critics.. He's invited critics of his films to come fight him in Vancouver. He'll even pay for their flights.
10 rounds in the ring - with excerpts of those fights appearing in his next film!!
True story, I just read it on MSN entertainment NEWS

Anonymous said...

Darn, no new entries. I guess the joke is on me.

shinbone #4 said...

oh anonymous... I love it when you talk all scientific like that... winkus winkus -
Charisthanus Intellegtentus Femmefillus Nerdanus

shinbone #4 said...

okay so I decided to go ahead and pot those pictures myself... That's what you get for not blogging personally

shinbone #4 said...

nuts I meant post - not pot - post those pictures!!

shinbone #4 said...

DON'T FORGET ME WHEN YOU'RE GONE MY HEART WOULD BREAK... etc.etc.etc...
one of the best songs ever!!

shinbone #4 said...

Yesterday I thought I might be dying... so I went to the doctors and everything - and maybe... just maybe it's something minor, that can be taken care of in just a week... maybe I'm not dying after all... Still I'm sad you missed the drama...

shinbone #4 said...

okay so there was more drama...
still you missed it - most of it anyway... hope you missed me :D
so, maybe not dying anymore, but boy sitting up typing hurts - so this comment should be counted as a labour of love :D

shinbone #4 said...

heart burn

shinbone #4 said...

I really need to learn to sleep at night - and since I always see your light on - you must too... ahh well, we only live once - I guess we can save sleep for heaven.

shinbone #4 said...

word verification is ywbratk.. I think we all know that's german code for "you are a brat."
ummm k bye

shinbone #4 said...

word verification today...
xovksrw - oh how I wish for the old days of boolbfuf and texrzcs.

shinbone #4 said...

"tinio" today, better than yesterdays. Today one of my incisions opened up a little. It was gross... True story :D

shinbone #4 said...

I can't believe you skipped out on Aeon Flux... sure it's corny, but artistically it's beautiful - you should at least be able to appreciate that..

shinbone #4 said...

I dreamt we found THE perfect house. Maybe we will... God knows.

shinbone #4 said...

come on... leave on Sunday instead... or leave Edmonton saturday night??? either way is good for me :D
p.s. today's is jbawd. I can even use it in a sentence...
I luv jbawd ees hot!

shinbone #4 said...

That was fun at the New Asian Village. Great choice Davey!
I applaud you.

shinbone #4 said...

okay... so I'm a little frustrated today, and I wish we could just hang out and have fun, and take my mind off... everything... but it's a little more complicated than that. Still lets pray together soon okay?

shinbone #4 said...

todays word verification:
pdovasa - which in Spanish is a Ponderossa - trust me on that one, I've been studying spanish for at least a few months :D

shinbone #4 said...

forgiveness - please...

shinbone #4 said...

well... I for one hope he succeeds.
Time will tell of course.

shinbone #4 said...

I can't wait for Dan to open his birthday presents!!! Later this afternoon we shall be watching for more hilarous lines like "would you like a banger in the mouth??? oh sorry I think over here you call it a sausage in the mouth"

shinbone #4 said...

*sigh* no more arrested development... no more discipline daddy... no more "Mr F". I could almost shed a tear.

shinbone #4 said...

5 years ago, at this very moment I was sitting in our team flat in Israel and wondering at the way the world was going. All sorts of conspiracy theories brewing in my mind.... 5 years. Sometimes it seems like a moment, sometimes it feels like a lifetime...

shinbone #4 said...

here is a little quote for today...
"Di moin qui vous laimen ma di vous qui vous ye" - a creole proverb meaning.
"tell me whom you love and I'll tell you who you are."

shinbone #4 said...

OBITUARY - Mr Sense.
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend. Mr. Common Sense.
Mr Sense had been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.
He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as; knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids are in charge).
His health began to deteriorate when well intentioned, but overbearing regulations were set in place. reports of a six year old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teen suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
Mr. Sense declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin, but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. Finally Commen Sense lost the will to live as the 10 Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals recieved better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize a steaming cup of coffee was hot, spilled a bit in her lap & was awarded a huge settlement. Common sense was predeceased by his parents Trust & Truth ; his wife, Discretion; his daughter Responsibility; and his son, Reason.
He is survived by 2 stepbrothers: My Rights and Ima whiner. Not many attended the funeral because so few realized he was gone.

shinbone #4 said...

"Think of me, thnk of me fondly, when we say GOODBYE, remember me, once in a while, please promise me you'll TRY." - Andrew Lloyd Webber

shinbone #4 said...

Pugnacity... How do you like THAT word??

shinbone #4 said...

Yay!!! It's the big 5-0 !!
one qaurter of the way there...

shinbone #4 said...

Missing you already!
xx's me

shinbone #4 said...

I think we should take in school for scoundrels sometime... before it leaves cinemas FOREVER

shinbone #4 said...

hmmm forgot to check if it's still in cinemas tonight - and it would have been the perfect day for it!

shinbone #4 said...

someday my dear davey, someday. I'll be praying today for tomorrow:D

shinbone #4 said...

happy Guy Fawkws Day pookie poo!

shinbone #4 said...

Gah!!! I still can't believe I missed out on "the Prestige" gah!... I mean GOAw!!

shinbone #4 said...

Happy Chanukah Davey! xx's
P.s. remember God's got it all in hand...

shinbone #4 said...

Borat would like you to know he LOVES the expression "nuts to your face!" in fact it reminds him of this time....

shinbone #4 said...

You definitely have an eye for jackets.

shinbone #4 said...

Yay! Finally. I am so praoud of you brother dearest.

shinbone #4 said...

Sigh... I was bored, so I cut my hair today - fortunately it didn't turn out to be a mistake.
Sweet huh?

shinbone #4 said...

only 38 more to 100!

shinbone #4 said...

Salary man Kintaro rocks the Kasbah, sigh - why can't we all be a little more like him.

shinbone #4 said...

please put your arm down, you are assaulting my senses.

shinbone #4 said...

"be courageous a million times" - Yuna

shinbone #4 said...

banana banana banana banana
why are banana's yellow?
the same reason traffic lights are yellow.
banana banana banana de banana.
(you couldn't just read that could you... you're singing it aren't you - the banana song is like the alphabet song - you HAVE to hum along at least)

shinbone #4 said...

I knew you before you were beautiful back then, before you gave up, before you gave in...
tonight I'm crying inside. Deep inside where you can't see.