Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Diary Written by A Selfish World


With one or two I get used to the room, I go slow when we first make our moves. By five or six bring you out to the car, Number nine with my head on the bar. And it's sad, but true I need no cash or I.O.U's. I've got desperate desires and unadmirable plans, My tongue will taste of gin and malicious intent. Lead you back to the bar Get you out of the cold, A sober, straight face gets you out of your clothes And they're scared that we'll know All the crimes they'll commit Who they'll kiss before they get home. I will lie awake, Lie for fun and fake the way I hold you Let you fall for every empty word I say. Barely conscious in the door where you stand Your eyes are fighting sleep while your mouth makes its demands, You laugh at every word trying hard to be cute I never feel sorry for what I'm going to do. And your hair smells of smoke Who will cast the first stone? You can sin or spend the night all Alone! Brass buttons on your coat hold the cold In the shape of a heart that I turned into stone. You're using all your looks that you've thrown from the start If you let me have my way I swear I'll tear you apart, Cause it's all I can be, You're drunk and you're scared, It's ladies night, all the girls drink for free. I will lie awake And lie for fun and fake the way I hold you, Let you fall for every empty word I say. I will lie awake And lie for fun and fake the way I hold you Let you fall for every empty word I say.
Me vs Maradona vs Elvis-jesse lacey,Brand new
It's sad but I think theres some truth in this song about people today
and the need and desire to be loved
I think so much in this society there is that need
more then ever before, and that search for acceptance and love is
placed above all else but the misguided lie that love will be found in the world
and not Christ is breaking hearts and lives.

2 comments:

Andrew Newman said...

I witness this message a lot at work. I do not think that people really realize how true it is what you are saying and what Brand New is saying. I think for the most part guys just need to stop being assholes...I've been listening a lot to that album and my next painting will be inspired by The Quiet Things That Know One Ever Knows. Less than a month I am super pumped.

shinbone #4 said...

"Let you fall for every empty word I say. I will lie awake And lie for fun and fake the way I hold you Let you fall for every empty word I say." makes me so sad... it's sad because it's true - not about you of course.